Thank you to all of the GNOYO members who have entered the Young Soloists Concerto Competition, to be held at St. Charles Ave. Baptist Church.
Auditions: Sunday, January 8th, 2023
Application Deadline: Saturday, November 26th, 2022.
1. Auditions are only open to current GNOYO North & South Shore Sinfonias, North and South Shore Philharmonias, and Symphony members.
2. All selections must be memorized and concert ready.
3. Selections should be limited to approximately 10 minutes.
4. Selections are limited to one movement of a concerto. If a movement is very short, two movements may be played, provided that the total time does not exceed 10 minutes. Non-traditional concert repertoire will be considered, but must be approved by the Music Director.
5. Selections for more than one musical instrument (ensembles) are also eligible. Duets must be memorized; trios, quartets, etc., may use music.
6. Auditionees must provide their own accompanist for the audition.
7. It is the auditionee’s responsibility to make sure orchestral parts are available for their selection. This includes finding out if it is a rental piece, if it is available in this country, etc. Those who do not research this aspect may not be considered for the competition.
8. There is a $50 nonrefundable fee for applications. After submitting the audition application (online form follows), use one of the payment options below. Your entry will not be complete until the $50 application fee is received.
- Use the Payments page to submit payment via Paypal
- Call the GNOYO office (504.861.1801) to authorize a credit card payment
- Mail a check or money order made out to GNOYO: 7100 St Charles Ave Suite 207 New Orleans, LA 70118
Young Soloists Concerto Competition Audition Application