Thank you to all of the GNOYO members who have entered the Young Soloists Concerto Competition, to be held at St. Charles Ave. Baptist Church.
Auditions: January 7, 2024
Application Deadline: November 25, 2023.
1. Auditions are only open to current GNOYO North & South Shore Sinfonias, North and South Shore Philharmonias, and Symphony members.
2. All selections must be memorized and concert ready.
3. Selections should be limited to approximately 10 minutes.
4. Selections are limited to one movement of a concerto. If a movement is very short, two movements may be played, provided that the total time does not exceed 10 minutes. Non-traditional concert repertoire will be considered, but must be approved by the Music Director.
5. Selections for more than one musical instrument (ensembles) are also eligible. Duets must be memorized; trios, quartets, etc., may use music.
6. Auditionees must provide their own accompanist for the audition.
7. It is the auditionee’s responsibility to make sure orchestral parts are available for their selection. This includes finding out if it is a rental piece, if it is available in this country, etc. Those who do not research this aspect may not be considered for the competition.
8. There is a $50 nonrefundable fee for applications. After submitting the audition application (online form follows), use one of the payment options below. Your entry will not be complete until the $50 application fee is received.
- Use the Payments page to submit payment via Paypal
- Call the GNOYO office (504.861.1801) to authorize a credit card payment
- Mail a check or money order made out to GNOYO: 7100 St Charles Ave Suite 207 New Orleans, LA 70118
Young Soloists Concerto Competition Audition Application
Young Soloists Concerto Competition Performance Guidelines & Policy Statement
If selected as a winner, students will perform at one of the upcoming concerts during the current season. At the discretion of the Music Director, winners from the Sinfonia and Philharmonia levels should be prepared to perform at the Spring concerts in March and winners from the Symphony level should be prepared to perform at the Finale Concerts in May. Concerto Competition winners are also often invited to perform at various outreach concerts and GNOYO events. If selected as an alternate, students should be prepared to perform to be featured in various events as needed when opportunities arise.